The Client Service Representative - Level 1 is responsible for quotations, order entry, order status requests, and the customer satisfaction of clients that lie within the geographical territory.
Specific responsibilities may include:
* Answer incoming sales calls via telephone, written inquiries, and electronic and facsimile requests.
* Promote and effectively sell supplier products using established company best practices.
* Develop and employ a high level of product and application knowledge.
* Clarify and fulfill client requests and needs by presenting various selections of products and services and also by providing pricing information as requested.
* Understand and respond to client delivery needs by interfacing with internal and supplier personnel.
* Support Outside Sales in technical, pricing, and delivery aspects.
* Promote value-added upselling to clients.
* Comply in a timely manner with all requests for company required information.
o Complete all reporting requirements as directed.
* Develop and create, in conjunction with sales management, all sales documents and sales aids required to achieve company objectives.
o Work with all standard forms and procedures as outlined.
* Follow all policies and procedures as specified in the company manuals, procedures, and work instructions.
* Maintain high employee morale.
* Maintain excellent customer relations.
* Attain short and long term objectives through good management and planning.
* Carry out all duties and responsibilities in an ethical and conscientious manner.
* Support and participate in the organization’s continual improvement program to conform to ISO 9001:2008 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
* Other duties as assigned.
2.1 EDUCATION AND TRAINING
* High school diploma or GED.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Distribution preferred.
* Certified Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist preferred.
* Other technical certifications or degrees may be considered.
* Experience as described below may be accepted in lieu of education.
* Up to two (2) years of experience in sales, customer service, or technical fields.
* Previous experience in hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, or automotive repair strongly preferred.
* Education as described above may be accepted in lieu of experience.
* Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment a plus.
2.3 KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Strong selling skills.
* Good personal motivation.
* Good communication skills.
* Good, safe work habits.
* An exceptional working knowledge of hydraulic and/or hydrostatic components, equipment operations, and/or mechanical functions.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Basic marketing understanding.